photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Reupholstery: Stripping the Wingback Chair

Just a little bit left to go!

So I got around to the wingback chair I mentioned in my previous post this past weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to get started. It was in the upper 50's and sunny and perfect to sit outside with the radio on while ripping off fabric and playing tug-of-war with staples. I don't have too much to say about the process at this point because you really just remove staples, remove fabric, and repeat. I've been keeping the old fabric pieces and labeling them as I take them off so that I have a template for my new fabric. I've also managed to salvage some of the old materials. So far I've found a penny and some crazy 80's fabric under the green fabric. I should have all of the old material off by the end of the night and I'm planning to get started immediately on re-tying the springs! I have a bunch of pictures below that are mostly in order of the removal process.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment