photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Friday, September 5, 2014

Fall and Winter Sewing Plans

What's better than new fabric???
It certainly seems like Fall is here in CO. Today was grey and rainy and only in the upper 60s and that is what the forecast is looking like for the next week or so. It might end up warming back up, and even on the colder days here when the sun comes out it can feel hot out of nowhere. All this cooler weather has me thinking of fall and with that all of my fall sewing plans. Similar to my spring & summer wardrobe post I've decided to put together a list of patterns/silhouette's I'd like to sew this fall and winter season.

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
 The pictures above (which are linked to their respective patterns according to the numbers in the corner) are all patterns I want to make this season. I have three different button ups mainly because their styles are so different but button up shirts can easily go from casual to dressy depending on the type of fabric you make them up in. I'm also really feeling like wearing a lot of raglan sweatshirts/sweaters that are normal sized and oversized. I personally can't wait to make #10 which is the White Russian sweatshirt by Capital Chic patterns. I also know Jen from Grainline Studios has been hinting at a new pattern she's hopefully getting ready to release any day which looks to be a raglan sleeve sweater/jumper/sweatshirt top. Some nice longer sleeved tops will be a great addition to my collection of shirts seeing as how I mainly have a lot of t-shirts and tank tops and usually have to layer on cardigans in order to stay warm. Besides that I'm not going to let a little cold weather deter me from wearing skirts and dresses. That's what tights and leggings are for! Plus I have no 'winter' dresses or skirts in my wardrobe really. Every dress or skirt I own is pretty lightweight so it'll be nice to add some heavier ones to the mix. All in all I'm pretty excited, I have a bunch of fabric to work through and already ordered patterns just waiting to be printed off! Now I just need more time in the day to work on everything.

I don't know if anyone noticed but I added some features to the blog the other day. On the right hand panel there's now a link to follow me on Pinterest. I've created a Pinterest account specifically for this blog and I have boards dedicated to patterns, sewing tips, and style inspiration to name a few. I've been pinning away on my fall/winter style inspiration board so make sure to check that out (you'll notice I wasn't joking around about the oversized sweater love). Additionally, you should be able to now pin images directly from my pages by simply hovering over any image on the blog! Hopefully this stuff makes it easier for you guys to save your favorite things and keep up to date on all that's going on over here. As always thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment