photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Finished Jacket: Minoru Round Two

My mom excitedly modeling her new Minoru Jacket

Now that the Christmas rush is over I have a lot of updating to do. I was so busy traveling and crocheting and sewing non-stop to finish up presents, these last two weeks before school starts up again for the semester have been really relaxing. I've done almost nothing craft wise, except make a shirt (the Sewaholic Renfrew Top ) , and upload all of the pictures of my projects to share with you guys. As you can see from the above picture I finished up the second Minoru I was planning on making. It came out perfectly, I really like the additions and changes I made to it compared to my first one, and it was very hard to part with it.





The, slightly wrinkled, back of the jacket

I used an olive green, army fatigue color, cotton canvas for the outer layer. The inside was lined with a brown non-pilling fleece. Since I wanted this to be worn more as a winter jacket I also included a layer of thinsulate in-between the lining and outer fabric on all of the pieces except for the arms and the hood. I chose to line the hood, and add side pockets that you can slip your hands into since the jacket only has inner pockets which are fairly small.

I just thought this was a cool picture

It fit my mom perfectly, and she was happy so I was happy. My brother couldn't believe I really made it, and then asked for a jacket for his birthday in March. It was definitely easier to put together because I remembered what I was doing, it's really only the cutting of the pattern pieces that seems to take the longest time. You can barely make them out in the picture but I also crocheted a matching scarf and headband to go with the jacket. Check back later this week for some pictures and the corresponding patterns to those pieces.


2 comments:

  1. I was debating on army green when making my first one - it looks really great! I just finished up a black one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My mom loves it. I checked yours out & it looks amazing. Love the lining!

    ReplyDelete