photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Monday, January 20, 2014

Crochet Away: Calm Cowl and Braided Headband

Calm Cowl - pattern from IndigoDOT Designs   Braided Headband - pattern from Lindsay Haynie

I made this scarf and headband for my mom, to match her Minoru jacket back in December, and now I'm sharing them with you guys. I found the patterns on Ravelry, and if you're on Ravelry feel free to find and add me - kurlyque88. Ravelry is a website dedicated to knitting and crocheting. Not only can you find patterns, some free/some not free, but you can queue your projects, mark favorites, record yarn information, buy/sell/trade yarn, and get help on the forums if something isn't going right. Both the cowl and the headband were really simple projects. If I were to make them again I'd make the cowl out of a thicker or bulkier fabric just to have it be more cozy. I'd do the opposite to the headband and make it out of a less chunky yarn. The chunkniess seems to take away some of the chicness that I liked about the original version I had seen where the braiding really stands out.


No comments:

Post a Comment